Thursday 7 April 2011

Screen messing..........






























Screen Printing is another thing I used to do years ago but haven't done since leaving Art College. I did a one day workshop at the weekend and was reminded how great printing is and how frustrating it is too!
We made paper stencils which were successful but I had forgotten how much cleaning of screens there is and how long you have to wait until you add another colour. I am not a very patient person and want results NOW but I would love to do more, maybe I could get kitted out at home? PS: to my friends who produce beautiful screen prints please look away now.

2 comments:

Nicola said...

Thanks for sharing your screen printing with us. I think Foxy looks great! I love what you did with his tail. I've no idea what the cost/space implications are for setting up screen printing at home. But it would be good if you could wouldn't it? Perhaps the more you did the less impatient you'd be! x

ric-rac said...

Good point CB - will look into how much the screens are. Glad you like Foxy. I think he looks like he is up to no good. Sx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...