Friday 8 March 2013

World Book Day

Miffy Book - Miffy the Artist





















Yesterday was World Book Day (in case you don't know, it's a day created to encourage children to read more books and kids dress up in their favorite characters and spend the day talking about books and reading). My son dressed up as Bond: James Bond 007. Easy outfit to recreate (thanks son). It got me thinking about the books that inspired me at Junior school. I read Enid Blyton and loved Malory Towers and The Enchanted Wood but what I kept hunting out in the library (even when they were too young for me) was Miffy. I loved all the Dick Bruna books and understand now that it's the simple graphics and vibrant colours that hooked me. The Dick Bruna museum in Utrecht is on my list of places to visit sometime soon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...