Sunday 10 February 2013

Hand written


























I got a letter today, a hand written letter from a friend I have known for ages. We rarely see each other and keep in touch via Christmas cards and birthday cards. The fact that someone had taken time to write a personal message, choose nice paper (even the envelope was one of those with a tissue lining - nice) was lovely. I have to admit I emailed her back to say thanks for the letter and news - lazy I know but I was keen to reply and was worried I wouldn't make time to "write" a letter and wanted to confirm receipt of hers. Then this evening I felt very guilty after reading an article about the singer Paloma Faith. She talked of writing letters and mentioned that she sends hand written notes to anyone who mentions that they would like a letter. How nice I thought. She uses lovely paper and I imagine it's a real treat to see the envelope on the doormat. So, this got me thinking. Firstly that I will make time to reply properly to letters in the future (should I be lucky enough to get another one) and does anyone out there fancy a handwritten letter swap?

6 comments:

freckleface said...

Wow, what a lovely thing that she wrote you a letter! I used to love receiving real handwritten news-filled letters.
I suspect, like you, I wouldn't find the time to keep it up, but I think it sounds like a great project. Let us know how it goes! xxx

ric-rac said...

Yes finding the time is difficult but I reckon I'll give it a go. I try and encourage the kids to write letters but it's a struggle : ) x

lori vliegen said...

hi stephanie! your artwork is delightful (i've had a ball looking through your past posts!).....and i love your blog header! so whimsical and cute!

thanks so much for visiting my blog....it's great to meet you! have a wonderfully creative week, filled with lots of moments to nibble on some chocolate! :))

ric-rac said...

Thanks for dropping by Lori : ) x

Koosje Koene said...

oooh I'd love a letter swop!

ric-rac said...

Sorry it's taken so long for me to reply to you but I have been having some problems with my blog : ( A letter swap FABULOUS. Email your address to me on stepht168@gmail.com and I see what I can do ; )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...